ENTERPRISE - History
Urban - a success story
Success is no coincidence. It is the result of the on-going spirit of innovation, high quality and the ability, within a functioning forward looking concept, to set oneself apart from the competition. This is precisely the path we tread.
Urban Maschinen- und Werkzeugbau is a second-generation family business founded in 1977 by Horst Urban. We started out with ten employees. Today, we are a 50-strong team of specialists with 4,000 square metres of production facilities. The intervening period was a time of exciting development: a time during which we grew cautiously: from subcontract production to sought after machine and tool construction specialists for the window and facade industry.
Some of the milestones in the history of our company:
• 1977 Company founded by Horst Urban on the Bandelstrasse site
• 1980 First production halls built at the Kiebitzstrasse site
• 1980 Development of the Isomat system
• 1981 Dedication of the new extension
• 1986 Expansion of the Kiebitzstrasse site
• 1992 Volker Steinkemeier becomes member of the management board
• 2001 Development of the modular punching system
• 2008 Expansion of the Kiebitzstrasse site
• 2010 Katrin Urban becomes member of the management board